10 Things to Do on LinkedIn Right Now, All in Less than 1 Hour
The shift from daylight savings time is coming up in a week, so why not take advantage and give your job search an extra hour of effort!
Here are 10 easy LinkedIn tips, all of which will not take more than exactly 1 hour of your time in the coming week:
- Answer the question “What is my current job search target?” as specifically as you can.
- Connect with someone you don’t know personally on LinkedIn, and customize your connection request so they understand exactly why you’ve reached out to them.
- Write a LinkedIn recommendation for someone else.
- Call up someone with whom you have not spoken in at least 6 months.
- Look on LinkedIn’s job board for interesting positions open right now.
- Review several colleagues’ profiles to see what they have been up to.
- Join a LinkedIn group and post one question—or comment on someone else’s question.
- Take those business cards you collected from your last networking event and connect with each of them on LinkedIn.
- Write a long-form blog post and publish it on LinkedIn.
- Look at a LinkedIn company page to see when their next industry event or webinar will be held, then make time to participate.